7 Day Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu
- A day to acclimatize in the Sacred Valley, ancient heartland of the Incan civilization. You will visit the town of Pisac, Inca ruins perched on the hillside above the valley, and enjoy all the luxurious amenities of your hotel.
- A private tour of the Sacred Valley. You will visit Moray, a circular terraced agricultural site, the Salineras salt flats, and the massive ruins at Ollantaytambo.
- A train ride through the Sacred Valley to Aguas Calientes, the closest town to Machu Picchu, “the lost city of the Incas.”
- A guided tour of the breathtaking Machu Picchu, to the most important and fascinating parts of the ruins, where you’ll learn how and why they were constructed.
- Free time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, to revisit points of interest, to revel in the historical weight of the ruins and to soak up the stunning views.
- A night at an exclusive hotel in Aguas Calientes, where you can once again take in the splendor of your surroundings.
- An opportunity to hike to the top of Huayna Picchu, overlooking the Machu Picchu citadel, for a bird’s eye view of the ruins.
- A private half-day tour of Cuzco, the capital of the Inca Empire, including stops at the immense ruins of Sacsayhuaman, the Inca temple of Koricancha, and Cuzco’s Cathedral.
- The opportunity to take a private tour of Lima’s key sites, including the Larco Pre-Colombian Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima’s historical colonial plazas, and the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores.
This fully customizable, private tour can be crafted by a Destination Expert to match the vacation of your dreams. From the moment you contact us, until the day you return home, we cater to your every whim.
Welcome to Peru! Today is a transit day, and after a long flight you’re probably looking forward to a nice meal and some relaxation. The Costa del Sol hotel is located right across the street from the airport and is the best choice for travelers connecting to Cuzco. But if you arrive to Lima in the early afternoon, you’ll have the time to make your way to a hotel in the picturesque waterfront district of Miraflores. If you go for this option, one of our representatives will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel.
In the morning, you’ll board your flight to Cuzco. Your guide will meet you at the airport, and take you on a journey through the spectacular scenery of the Sacred Valley, the agricultural strip that supplied food to the Inca Empire. On the way to your hotel, you will visit the town of Pisac and the Inca ruins perched on the hillside above the valley. When you arrive, you can relax in the peaceful garden surroundings of your country hotel as you settle in and acclimatize to the altitude.
Your guide will take you into the Sacred Valley, a land lost in time amid the mountains, to visit Moray, a circular terraced agricultural site, and the Salineras salt flats. In the afternoon, you’ll explore Ollantaytambo with its massive Incan ruins and charming town, before returning to your picturesque hotel.
This morning we will pick you up from the hotel to take you to Ollantaytambo train station for your journey to Aguas Calientes. This experience will be once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to uncover the secrets of Machu Picchu with a guided tour of the Inca citadel. Your guide will take you to the most important parts of the complex, and reveal all that’s known about how the it was created. After the tour, you’ll have time to explore the ruins on your own, or sit back and enjoy the magic and tranquility of Machu Picchu and the breathtaking scenery that stretches away from it. Spend the evening at your exclusive hotel.
It’s no stone unturned today, as you return to Machu Picchu to explore its far reaches. The more energetic members of the group can also hike to the top of Huayna Picchu for a bird’s eye view of the ruins sprawling beneath them. The steep path takes about an hour and a half to ascend. In the afternoon, you’ll descend to Aguas Calientes to return to Ollantaytambo on the Vistadome train. We will meet you at the station and bring you back to your hotel in Cuzco by private car.
During your tour of Cuzco, once the capital of the Inca Empire, you’ll visit Sacsayhuaman, an immense Incan complex with impressive stonework; Koricancha, one of the most important Inca temples (the walls were once actually coated in gold!); and Cuzco’s Cathedral where you’ll learn about the Cuzco School of Art.
One of our representatives will collect you from your hotel and drive you to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima. Optional recommended excursion – Depending on the time of your international flight, you can take the opportunity to squeeze in a private tour of Lima’s key sites. You will visit the Larco Pre-Colombian Museum, the San Francisco Monastery and its catacombs, Lima’s historic colonial plazas, and Miraflores, a picturesque waterfront district.
- 6 nights at our preferred properties, hand-selected for comfort, convenience and quality.
- Privately guided tours with your own personal guide and driver.
- All private airport transfers with English speaking assistance.
- Round-trip Vistadome train to Machu Picchu Pueblo and the bus to the ruins in the company of your private guide All required entrance fees.
- All breakfasts.
- 4 lunches.
- 24hr support.
- All taxes.
- International and domestic flights and taxes.
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)