4 Days Discovering Cusco & Machu Picchu
- This extraordinary package is a thrilling journey through the heart of the Inca civilization, unraveling the mysteries and wonders of their rich history.City Tour Cusco: Dive into the enchanting tapestry of history and Inca culture as you explore the city and its surroundings. Cusco, known as the “Navel of the World,” stands today as the Archaeological Capital of America and a UNESCO Cultural Heritage site.Sacred Valley: Immerse yourself in the agricultural marvel of the Incas, a land blessed with abundant water, fertile soil, and the perfect climate for cultivation. This valley has been the lifeblood of the Cusco region since time immemorial.Machu Picchu: Unveil the secrets of this ancient Inca city as you roam its sacred precincts, capturing the essence of Intihuatana and the Temple of the Sun. Let the breathtaking train journey along the Urubamba River, surrounded by the majestic peaks of the Sacred Valley, set the stage for your arrival at the iconic Machu Picchu. Brace yourself for a magical adventure and awe-inspiring views that will stay etched in your memory forever.
Our service begins with a reception at the airport by our staff, followed by transportation to the selected hotel in Cusco. Upon arrival, you’ll acclimate to the altitude with a stimulating coca tea. Additionally, you will receive an informative briefing about the Travel Package. In the afternoon, we’ll embark on the City Tour, which includes visits to the following attractions: Qoricancha (Temple of the Sun), along with exploring the four archaeological sites on the outskirts of the city: Sacsayhuamán (largest Inca temple), Qenqo (temple of Pachamama), Tambomachay (temple of water), and finally, Pucapucara (Inca military zone). At the end of the tour, we return to the city of Cusco.
The second day kicks off with a hotel pickup at 8:00 am, and we’ll begin our journey towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our first stop is the Taray Viewpoint, where we’ll pause to capture panoramic photographs of the majestic Sacred Valley. Continuing our voyage, we’ll visit and photograph the Pisac Archaeological Complex, renowned for its agricultural terraces and adorned by various Inca neighborhoods situated on the highest points of the mountains. It is the only place in the valley where an Inca Cemetery is visible. Following this, we’ll descend to the town of Pisac, where you’ll have some free time to explore the Craft Market and visit the Silver Artisans.
Next on our itinerary is Urubamba, where we’ll indulge in a delightful buffet lunch. We’ll then proceed to Ollantaytambo, considered the Living Inca City due to its Inca architecture present in the houses still inhabited by the last Inca descendants. Ollantaytambo also serves as a gateway to the Inca Trail leading to Machu Picchu and the Andean Jungle.
Finally, we’ll head to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the train bound for Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival in the town of Aguas Calientes, we’ll transfer to our hotel.
Early in the morning, after breakfast, we’ll board the bus to ascend to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. The guided tour, led by our guide, will take you through the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the royal quarters, the Temple of Three Windows, and the quarries, lasting for approximately two hours. Subsequently, you’ll also have free time to wander around the citadel, capture photographs, and relax in this magical and mystical place. If your entrance ticket includes access to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain, you can undertake the approximately 2-hour round-trip hike (this excursion is without a guide). Afterward, we’ll descend to Aguas Calientes and board the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you to return by bus to your hotel in Cusco.
In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel and then transfer you to the airport to board your return flight to your place of origin.
- Transfer: Airport – Hotel – Airport.
- Hotel pick-up in Cusco.
- City Tour (transportation, guide, entrance fees).
- Sacred Valley Tour (transportation, guide, entrance fees, and buffet lunch).
- Private Transportation: Ollantaytambo (Train Station) – Cusco.
- Train Tickets: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Poroy.
- 1 Night Hotel Accommodation in Aguas Calientes (2**).
- Bus Tickets: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance Tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Professional Guide in English or Spanish.
- Transfer to the hotel in Cusco.
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the program.
- Hotel nights in Cusco.
- Lunch (optional buffet USD 25.00).
- Extra activities and tips for staff (optional).
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (additional USD 25.00).
- Traveler’s Insurance.