1 Day Rainbow Mountain
Embark on a journey to explore the mesmerizing beauty of the Rainbow Mountain in Cusco, also known as Vinicunca! Situated in the Andes region of Peru, near the city of Cusco, this mountain has gained fame for its stunning vistas and is often referred to as the Seven Color Mountain. This tour is tailor-made for nature enthusiasts who crave an immersive experience. As you traverse the landscape, be prepared to witness a breathtaking array of colors, ranging from lush emerald greens to vibrant, intense reds. Marvel at the diverse clay formations that contribute to the picturesque palette, featuring hues of yellow, blue, violet, and brown. It’s a captivating adventure into nature’s vibrant canvas!
HIKING DIFFICULTY LEVEL
The trek to Rainbow Mountain is graded on a scale from 1 to 4, with:
- Level 1: Easy – Flat terrains, no significant challenges.
- Level 2: Moderate – Mix of flat paths and gentle slopes.
- Level 3: Challenging – Varied terrain with some steeper slopes.
- Level 4: Difficult – Steep and uneven terrain.
Get ready for a day of joy and wonder with our unforgettable tour to the Seven Color Mountain in Cusco! We’ll kick off the excitement by picking you up bright and early at 4:00 a.m. from your hotel. It’s the perfect time to start a two-hour road trip south to the vibrant district of Cusipata in the Quispicanchi province, where a delicious breakfast awaits.
After a quick refuel, we’ll be off to our first stop, just a breezy 10-minute ride away: the FIRST BASE CONTROL in the charming rural community of Tintinco and Paucarpata. Following that, we’ll hop back into our ride for a 25-minute journey to the SECOND BASE CONTROL in the lively rural community of Chillihuani.
From the Base Control, get ready for a fun-filled 1-hour and 40-minute trek to the famous Vinicunca Mountain, also known as the Seven Color Mountain. This gem of the Cusco region is a burst of colors, ranging from lush greens to fiery reds. The view from the top is nothing short of spectacular, giving you a front-row seat to the vibrant canvas of the Andes Mountain Range. And guess what? The mountain is nearly as high as the BASE CAMP OF EVEREST, standing tall at 5,389 meters above sea level.
But that’s not all! Your adventure includes not only this breathtaking experience but also a scrumptious traditional breakfast and lunch. Our lively tour wraps up around 4:00 p.m. with your return to your hotel in the vibrant city of Cusco. Get ready to paint your day with the colors of joy! 🌈✨
- Pre-trek briefing.
- Hotel pick-up in the morning and transportation in a tourist vehicle.
- Breakfast and lunch included.
- Entrance to the Mollepata community.
- Professional guide fluent in English and Spanish.
- First aid kit, including an emergency oxygen bottle (available in the vehicle).
- Walking sticks.
- Accommodation in Cusco (hotel details to be provided).
- Horse rental services.
- Any other services not explicitly mentioned in the tour description.
- Tips for the staff
- Wear a jacket or warm clothing: The altitude can bring cooler temperatures, so it’s advisable to dress in layers.
- Sunscreen, SPF 90+: Protect your skin from the high-altitude sun with a high SPF sunscreen.
- Sunglasses: The sun at higher altitudes can be intense, so bring sunglasses to shield your eyes.
- Hat: A hat will provide additional protection from the sun.
- Rain Poncho (for rainy season): In case of rain, a waterproof poncho will keep you dry.
- Hiking / Trekking Shoes: Sturdy, comfortable shoes are essential for the trek to Laguna Humantay.
- Water: Stay hydrated by bringing an adequate supply of water.
These recommendations will help ensure your comfort and enjoyment during the tour to Laguna Humantay.
as part of the Salkantay to Machupicchu 4 Days trek
CHAT WITH US
Chat to someone that’s been